The Malaysian Association of Professional Secretaries & Administrators (MAPSA) was formerly known as Secretaries Society Malaysia (SSM) is the professional organisation for all secretaries and administrators in Malaysia. It was registered with the Registrar of Societies on 7th May 1968.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Association shall be strictly non-political, non-sectarian, non-racial and non-profit making.
It’s objectives are:
- To uphold and maintain the professional standard of its members.
- To promote, protect and defend the interests of its members.
- To secure mutual support and co-operation from employers of its members on all matters affecting the general or common interest of members.
- To foster mutual goodwill, better understanding and friendship among its members through networking and recreational activities.
- To promote and encourage any form of education or research for the improvement and development of secretaries and administrators through seminars, conferences, workshops and meetings.
- To collect, collate and disseminate reliable information and responsible opinion on matters of interest to Its members.
- To rent, acquire or build suitable premises and such items as may be incidental thereto to enable the Association to establish an office and to carry out the functions enunciated in the objects of the Association.
- To communicate with similar associates in other countries for the exchange of ideas and improvement of knowledge in the secretarial and administrative profession and be affiliated to:
Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals in Asia Pacific;
International Association of Administrative Professionals, USA.
- To raise funds and levies on its members to carry out the objects of the Association.
- To give educational grants or other contributions to needy and deserving causes in furtherance of the objects of the Association.